Friday, October 13, 2006

I really need to vent...

I was so furious today that I almost lost my cool. I was having a decent day. Sold some stuff for a fundraiser, Jared took a nice 3 hour nap, Chloe had a nice day at school. She listened when I told her to get ready for dance.
Dance class. Where toddlers aren't welcome even in the waiting room.
I've been a little put off by the owner of the studio lately, but tonight was the last straw. The first strike was a few half-funny comments about how spirited my son is.
The second was her asking me to take him outside when they are changing classes.
What the heck? Not a big deal in September, but what about later?


Tonight I kept him in the car with me. Luckily we have a vcr in the van. I had to write the tuition check, so I took him in at THE END of class. When my daughter came out, I had her watch my son while I went in to talk to the old bat.
I asked her how much I owed her, and she told me she had a class and turned away from me
.
I will NOT take my daughter back there. I am not going to pay this woman to be rude to me.
My daughter told me that the owner has been mean to some of the girls too. I had to explain to my 7 year old daughter that she may have to go a few months without dancing until I find somewhere else for her to go. Apparently I am not the first parent to feel this way lately...

2 comments:

Digitalgirl said...

I'm sorry you had to take your daughter out of her class isn't it a shame she has probably made friends there too... You are right you shouldn't be paying for someone to be rude to you or your little girl... how in the world are we supposed to teach our children manners etc when they have to witness such behaviour from those who should know better. Hope you have better luck looking for a new class! :-)

fran b said...

I grew up in San Francisco, CA near the San Francisco Ballet. The instructor would go around with a stick and use it! Maybe this is another serious ballet company that produces professional ballet people? if so, you should change!